Tuesday 14 June 2016

This Little Blog of |Mine

This Little blog of mine which I neglect and forget was actually started in 2009.
OK, I didn’t mean that to become a little rhyme, I’m not DR Zeus, though I do have a lot of respect for his ever creative stories of lyrical genius! I digress.

I sat here one evening and had a little look back over it, and saw that there is a certain point every year when I say “Oh hello Blog, remember me I’m back!” Then before you know it, poof I’m gone again in a cloud of excuses. I’m too tired, I need to catch up on Grey’s Anatomy, or Geordie Shore, or Made in Chelsea- don’t you friggin’ judge me- I’ve got too much on in work- or when I’m unemployed I’m just unmotivated.

Excuse after Excuse.

I enjoy writing. Scrap that, I love writing. I always write for myself, which I explain throughout my blog, but I usually just pop it in my scrap books and leave it there. The fear of putting my thoughts and feelings out there, which I’ve also mentioned before. Well F That now. 31 is the time to grow a sturdy vagina and woman up! You can see if you look at the years of blogging but I always let something get in the way. Then too much time passes and I feel I need a hook to start it up again. Usually a New Year’s Resolution. I mean 7 years of blogging and only 36 posts! I’m more interesting than that honest!

This time I’m going to use my 31st Birthday as the reason to jump back in! I’m 31. Now let’s start up this blog again. My plan is to write at least a blog a week.
That’s not too taxing I’m sure, then let’s see what I get up to in a year. Let’s see if anything’s changed, or will I be the same person. A tubby little moaner, blaming the world for things that go wrong and times I get knocked down, ignoring my love of writing to self-destruct, spend all my time working on someone else’s dream and ignoring what I love. 

I saw a quote the other day- I LOVE QUOTES BY THE WAY, anyone will tell you I suffer awful with depression, lack of confidence, and sometimes crippling anxiety. (I’m such a catch righ?!) I simply hide it behind sarcasm, comedy acts, witty banter, and over confidence. These quotes and mantras are something I collect to help me-

“How can you spend 8 hours a day building someone else’s dream, and no time on your own?”
I don’t care what people think about them they help.

I’m going to try and retrain myself now, to quash negative thoughts, I’m going to strap on some positivity and look for the good in the world. This is my year in 31 x 

No comments:

Post a Comment